Mental Health Counsellor (Full time - Temporary)
Contract • Cochrane Region
Salary Range: $40,000 - $60,000
Full-time position is available in Cochrane to offer services during a maternity leave, The position is available immediately in a part time basis to become full time for the maternity leave.
The Mental Health Counsellor is responsible for providing a range of mental health services, including mental health assessments, therapy/counselling, crisis intervention, and service coordination to a clientele of 16 and over presenting moderate to severe mental health problems, in addition to community education.
Qualifications and requirements:
- A Master’s Degree in Clinical Psychology, Social Work or equivalent or an Honour Bachelor’s Degree in one of these fields with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience;
- Knowledge of clinical psychology and demonstrated therapy/counselling skills.
- Experience in intervening with adults who have moderate and severe psychiatric symptoms;
- Experience in crisis intervention is an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Bilingualism is required ( English and French- oral and written)
- Valid driver’s license and use of a vehicle.
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Agreement.
Résumés must be submitted to:
Minto Counselling Centre
Post Office Box 2298
Cochrane, Ontario P0L 1C0
Closing date: October 27, 2017
We thank all candidates. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.